slowpoke & joe - adrift in seattle

A girl, an ontological dilemma and a puppy stumble through Seattle

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What to write about...




I don't have the vaguest idea what to write about, I thought having a blog would Drano-like begin opening a block.

Somehow today Joe looks even bigger as if every time he takes a pup-nap his bones are lengthening. I've been told I need to get him to accept nail trimming and teeth brushing. The nails are impossible. I must have tried 3 times today while he was dozing -- but he's learned to sleep lightly and if his paws are touched he wakes up with this piteous mix of alarm and 'why, why are you trying to hurt me?'

After the 3rd attempt, I simply gave up. All I was doing was training him to sleep like a fugitive, snapping awake at the least sound. I'd handled and held his paws as prescribed to get the dog to accept nail trimming but as soon as he sees the clippers he's determined to flee.

Fortunately, he seems to enjoy tooth brushing perhaps because he's teething. Last night those new razor teeth cut all the way through the leash. When he gets in the leash-pulling mood he goes from sweet to a bit satanic but it never lasts overlong before he returns to his tractable self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blogs</a></li> 



<a href= Blogwise - blog directory Bloogz