slowpoke & joe - adrift in seattle

A girl, an ontological dilemma and a puppy stumble through Seattle

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Ideals of Lassie

I've been a bit under the weather which involved days of (prescription) drug-induced lassitude. B. took care of Joe's needs while I lay flopped on a couch in a twilight state for a couple of days, as per doctor's orders.

Sadly, I have to admit I expected Joe to notice that I wasn't well and to respond Lassie-like with sympathy and quiet attendance.

Not really a smart expectation of a puppy, as he did come and lay nearby only to whine, whistle and hoot his dismay at my refusal to chase him about.

He's a puppy, with puppy needs and I'm a girl with unrealistic Hollywood ideals..."What is it, Joe? Ahh, you're worried about me! Put down my slippers, that's a good boy. Oh, you've brought flowers? That's so sweet!"

And once again, I am humbled by what I learn when I examine what I expect from my dog.

Yeeps. If I was 6 years old it'd be less embarrassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blogs</a></li> 



<a href= Blogwise - blog directory Bloogz