slowpoke & joe - adrift in seattle

A girl, an ontological dilemma and a puppy stumble through Seattle

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Tearing off the Easter Bunny’s face




I bought B. an Easter Bunny as a present, despite the fact that Easter is an uninteresting mystery to him. The Bunny was remarkably cute, soft long lop ears, a sweet face with big eyes and a soft heavy body.

I left it on my desk and then let Joe the pup outside to take care of business. It was a rare, fine day here and so the door stayed open as I worked at the computer. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Joe dash past. Dangling from his mouth were the lop ears of B’s Easter Bunny. I jumped up, yelling and gave chase. This convinced Joe that an exciting game had just begun so he hurled the bunny in the air and then pounced on it in the muddy grass.

The Easter Bunny’s face had been ripped off and he was smudged with mud. I gave it to B. anyway.

There was no way to be angry at Joe, the only stuffed animals he’d ever seen were his puppy companions, the last of which lasted 3 minutes. I’d forgotten about this but Joe remembered as soon as he espied the Easter Bunny on my desk.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger yawningdog said...

I share your pain. I have a green beanie baby bunny with half an ear.

One of my labs eats weird things when her tummy is upset: part of my rug (we moved the bed to cover that one up), my kid's socks, the corner of my bedroom curtain, the laces out of my shoes, and one side of a tie in the back bow on my daughter's Easter dress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blogs</a></li> 



<a href= Blogwise - blog directory Bloogz