slowpoke & joe - adrift in seattle

A girl, an ontological dilemma and a puppy stumble through Seattle

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sometimes I wish I was my own dog



Joe, like all dogs, lives in the present moment. His life is good: lots of exercise, healthy food, yummy bones, two people who love him and play with him. And except for the times when he doesn't get what he wants, he is happy.

Often he's joyously happy. And sometimes I'm a wee bit envious; it's hard for me to enjoy things as much as Joe does; it's hard for me to not live (mentally) in the past and the future; it's hard to relax as completely and sleep as soundly.

It seems like a pretty excellent deal, the dog's life in relatively prosperous countries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blogs</a></li> 



<a href= Blogwise - blog directory Bloogz